Natural Toxin Binder from the Sea
Composition: each one kg Captex Lami contains
- Glucose biopolymers from seaweed extracts
- Inactivated Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Enzymatic complex based on (chitinase derivatives).
- Modified hydrated Na-Ca aluminosilicates.
- Anti-oxidant agents.
- Propionic acid.
Mode of Action of Captex Lami
Captex Lami combines in one product 6 different strategies to counteract a broad spectrum of mycotoxins and to help animals to recover faster and better.
1-Captex Lami by counteracting the effect of mycotoxins its containing on glucose biopolymers from seaweed Laminaria digitata and Laminaria Hyperborea.
The active substances present in Laminaria digitata and Laminaria hyperborea seaweeds are Laminarin and fucoidan, two glucose biopolymers having positive biological effects in monogastrics, such as:
- Control of aflatoxin production by Aspergillus flavus (Hu et al., 2012),
- Favorably modification of gastro-intestinal microflora (Gardiner et al., 2008)
- Decrease of cecal Escherichia coli count (Leonard et al., 2011) and increase of Lactobacilli (Lynch et al., 2010)
- Immune stimulating effects by activating leukocytes including monocytes, macrophages and lymphocytes (Smith et al., 2011); plus Modulation of inflammatory response through regulating the expression of cytokines, and mucins (Reilly et al., 2008; Smith et al., 2010);
- Antibacterial and anti-cytotoxic properties (Gupta and Abu-Ghannam, 2011);
- Enhancement of the epithelial integrity by protecting tight junction proteins from being damaged or displaced by the ingestion of mycotoxins (Ryan et al., 2012)
2- Captex Lami by containing high concentration of Glucomannans, able to adsorb Mycotoxins Biologically through
Doxal’s Yeast source for Glucomannans has a very high content of glucans, specially beta-Glucans, and an extremely low level of Chitin.
3- Captex Lami by containing enzyme complex able to degrading the mycotoxins to nontoxic form through;
Enzyme complex is the hydrolytic enzyme capable of deactivating mycotoxins by degrading their molecules.
Enzyme complex is incorporated into the yeast cell by the patented process and becomes active only at intestinal level when the yeast cell is lyzed by the intestinal enzymes and the cell content is released.
Enzyme complex is able to form nontoxic metabolite by removing oxygen from the epoxide group of the Trichothecenes mycotoxin
4- Captex Lami by containing three types of Modified silicates(Bentonite, Clinobentinolite and Sepiolite) , able to Adsorb Mycotoxins physically through
A- Bentonite is octahedral sheet sandwiched between two tetrahedral sheets.
-The mycotoxins that are bound by the montmorillonite are those that can physically enter into the interlayer space.
-The width of the interlayer space is 0.25 to 0.7 nanometers in the dry state and 1 nanometer in the hydrated state.
b-Clinobetinolite is honeycomb (tetrahedral) framework of cavities and channels act like cages structure and negative charge, c
– Clinoptinlolite has the ability to draw and trap within and on its positively charged toxic particles, trapping mycotoxines.
-Because of its pores and channels of the cage it acts as molecular sieves and adsorbs substances of low-molecular compounds (mycotoxines).
– Used to adsorb Zearalenone, Ochratoxin and Fumonisin. Deoxynivalenol
- The product is modified by the micronisation process to be extremely fine, 150,000 particles/gram.
- This provides for a larger surface area that increases the possibility of interacting with mycotoxins.
- Though extremely fine, caution is given not to have any particles size of less than 5 microns in order to avoid dustiness as well as inhalation issues with the people that are handling the product.
- Treatment to increase porosity on each particle
- CEC (Cationic Exchange Capacity) is important as it explains the water absorption capacity of the product.
- The lower the CEC the better it is, as its water absorption capacity decreases. In the other hand, if CEC is below of 35 then it starts losing its affinity to mycotoxins.
- CEC over 100, means that the product has high in water absorption capacity and consequently some nutrients can be trapped.
- Captex Lami has a CEC of approximately IDEAL
5- Captex Lami containing antioxidant, able to prevent the degenerative changes caused by Mycotoxin due to its Oxidative stress effect.
6- Captex Lami by containing Propionic acid , able to prevent Mold growth during the storage of feed
Captex Lami Indication:
- Captex Lami used as feed additives for all monogastric animals for control of mycotoxicosis by different five strategies.
- Used to control mycotoxins in by glucose polymers extract Form Sea weeds extract.
- Captex Lami used to overcome mycotoxicosis through enzymatic bio transformation.
- Captex Lami physically adsorb the high polar mycotoxin specially Aflatoxins without affecting vitamins and minerals.
- Captex Lami have antibacterial and immune stimulating effect So it can be used to overcome side effects of Mycotoxins
Dosage and Administration: 20-40 gm/ head/day
Package: 20 kg bag
Withdrawal Time: Nil