Broad spectrum Antibiotic in DOXAL
Composition: each L contains
Enrofloxacin 100,000 mg
1-Floxadox bioavailability after oral administration of reach to 80% in poultry and calves but in cattle bioavailabity is 10 %.
2-Floxadox with lipophilic compounds in food can enhance oral bioavailability
3-Floxadox after administration a high part of Enrofloxacin is metabolized into ciprofloxacin in most of species, except in poultry only 7 % are metabolized in liver
4-Floxadox half life time 26 hours
5-Floxadox elimination through hepatic and renal
1.Floxadox is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic
2.Floxadox has bactericidal activity
3.Floxadox has a significant post-antibiotic effect for both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria as well as Mycoplasma. But nor affecting on Anaerobic bacteria
4.Floxadox is concentration-dependent, with susceptible bacteria cell death occurring within 20–30 minutes of exposure.
5. Floxadox indication in all of the species is the treatment of respiratory infections but it is also indicated in the treatment of digestive, urinary, joint,
genital, mammary and dermal infections.
6.for the treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD), Pasteurella multocida, and Mycoplasma bovis in beef and non-lactating dairy cattle.
Floxadox Mode of action
Floxadox acts primarily through inhibition of bacterial DNA gyrase. Gyrase belongs to a class of enzymes known as topoisomerases that are involved in the control of topological transitions of DNA.
- Broilers: colibacillosis (E.coli), infective coryza (Aviabacterium paragallinarum), mycoplasmosis (M. gallisepticum, M.synoviae), pasteurellosis (Pasteurella
multocida), salmonellosis (Salmonella spp.), staphylococcosis (S. aureus, S.epidermidis, S. gallinarum, S. hycus).
- Turkeys: bordetellosis (B. avium),colibacillosis (E.coli), erisipela (Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae), mycoplasmosis (M. iowae, M. gallisepticum, M. synoviae, M.
meleagridis), pasteurellosis (Pasteurella multocida), salmonellosis (Salmonella spp.), staphilococcosis (S. aureus, S.epidermidis, S. gallinarum, S. hycus).
- Ducks: infections caused by E.coli, Pasteurella multocida, Riemerella anatipestifer, salmonellosis (salmonella spp.)
Dosage and Administration:
Administered for 3-5 days, diluted in drinking water at the following doses:
- broilers, turkeys, guinea fowls, ducks, pheasants, quails,: 50 g/100lt drinking water/day
- rabbits: 50-100 g/100lt drinking water/day
1 liter bottle, 5 liter tank, and 10 liter tank
- Broilers: 7 days
- Turkeys: 13 days
- quails: 4 days
- rabbits: 3 days